Wellness checklist for an empowered woman.
Ever since women started to flourish in various domains such as economic, political and social, in addition to their ultimate motherhood job, their day-to-day tasks became a continuous battle and juggle causing stress and exhaustion! A healthy body goes along with a healthy mind. Take time off for your pleasure, your hair care, your nails neatness, your skin freshness and your friends. And always remember a healthier and stronger self is definitely a better woman, mother, wife, sister and friend! So now aim at ticking all the boxes by end of this month!
To do list:
- I am adding more vegetables and fruits to my daily diet: 5-6 portions of colorful fruits and vegetables a day help you to manage PMS cravings; enhance skin collagen; boost your folic acid intake in case you are planning for pregnancy.
- I am having a healthy breakfast: Start your day with a wholesome breakfast. It sets the tone for the rest of the day and will lower your food cravings later on throughout the day!
- I made my grains whole: Whole grains are more fulfilling, they are packed with vitamins and minerals which help in managing stress, controlling PMS symptoms, and boosting immunity. Their fiber content also helps in reducing cancer risk especially breast cancer.
- I am having a variety of proteins: Healthy protein sources such as fish, legumes, dairy products, nuts, peanut butter, seeds and quinoa. Also, distributing proteins over three main meals helps in preserving lean body mass better than consuming one big meal.
- I am well hydrated: Replacing caffeinated beverages, soft, and energy drinks by around 8 cups of water and herbal infusions with added turmeric, saffron, cinnamon, and ginger with no added sugar keeps you well hydrated and elevates your immunity.
- I am exercising at least 3 times per week: After a busy week, nothing is more fun and destressing than listening to music and engaging with your husband, friend or children in exercise! Try walking, biking, roller skating or swimming.
- I am being a healthy role model for my family: adopting smart eating tips by replacing bad eating habits with healthier ones and trying healthy food alternatives will help in setting a good and healthy environment to your children and family.
- I perform my screening checkups on time: Your physician shall provide you with the right calendar for health screening based on your age group and other factors such as family history of certain diseases.
- Last but not least, I am pampering myself: Take some time for yourself and go get a full-body massage to relieve yourself from your daily stressors, take on yoga and meditation to de-stress your mind.