Gluten Free is a Lifestyle!
Living a gluten-free lifestyle, especially for those who suffer from gluten intolerance, should not be strenuous. While many food brands offer either gluten-free or organic options, there are very few that offer both.
Earth Goods makes choosing healthier produce much easier with its range of products that are not only gluten-free, but also free from GMO, pesticides, fertilizers and chemicals. And what’s more; there are no added sugars.
Habits, once acquired, are challenging to give up. We all have harmful ones, that we add to every new year’s resolution in an attempt to improve our lives, such as quitting smoking or limiting coffee intake. In other cases, some people find themselves with no choice, often due to a medical condition like diabetes, allergies and intolerance, needing to be treated through a dietary solution.
The expert partners at Earth Goods share tips and tricks from people diagnosed with different levels of gluten intolerance, including Celiac disease, to help you on your journey to a healthy, aware and responsible dietary choice.
1. Have your own Food Diary
If you don’t have severe symptoms or you aren’t able to do the intolerance tests, you can listen to your own body and identify what’s good for it and what’s not. Just like writing your journal every day, have a small notebook to write down what you are eating on a daily basis. Track your symptoms and the common ingredients in your diet that are causing them. Afterwards, start replacing them with other ingredients gradually and feel the difference!
2. Seek the help of a professional
If your symptoms are mild, you can always visit a nutritionist to have the intolerance tests done. Otherwise, you might be at risk of making your condition worse. If your symptoms are severe, take the advice of a gastroenterologist for a faster diagnosis as some cases need immediate medical intervention.
1. Check the web for plenty of delicious recipes
The internet is full of healthy recipes, ingredient replacement suggestions as well as informative, inspiring blogs. Check out our mindful recipes section to make sure you never run out of ideas.
2. Prepare your own meals
Nothing feels better than eating the food you prepared yourself. Especially for intolerant people, homemade is easier, cheaper and tastier.
3. Challenge yourself at transforming any food to “gluten-free”
Who said healthy is boring? Have fun in the kitchen and challenge yourself to transform any recipe you like into gluten-free. Here are some quick suggestions to satisfy your cravings and keep your tummy happy:
· For your breakfast, instead of your usual toast, energize your morning with Earth Goods Gluten-free Granola or Muesli with your preferred yoghurt or milk.
· Anywhere you’d use couscous/moghrabieh or pasta, substitute with Earth Goods green, brown or red lentils as well as rice that are all naturally gluten-free.
· Don’t miss out on desserts just because you have an intolerance. Add some of our gluten-free rolled oats (instead of flour) to a mashed banana and bake them for heavenly cookies. You can also add to this easy recipe chocolate chips, dried fruits or any Earth Goods seeds of your choice.