Home Mindful Recipes
Feel better in your body with these easy recipes
Ka-Lentils Ramadan Quinoa Stew
Mindful appetizer to kickstart any feast! This stew is packed with proteins, vitamins, and fluids to keep you in good shape without being too stuffed after the first spoonful. The mix of ingredients works perfectly together to give you a rich decadent flavor along with the right nutrients for a well-balanced Ramadan meal.
Share the recipe
- 1 cup Earth Goods Organic Red Split Lentils
- ½ cup Earth Goods Organic dry White Quinoa
- 1 tbsp. Earth Goods Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp. Earth Goods Fine Sea Salt, plus more to taste
- 1 ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. ground turmeric
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cups chopped kale; tough stems removed
- 5 cups water
- 26.5 oz can/jar of chopped tomatoes
- Melt the coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat and sauté the onions, carrots, and celery until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add in the minced garlic and sauté another minute, then add in the cumin, ginger, turmeric, salt, lentils, quinoa, water, and tomatoes. Once the soup comes to a boil, lower the heat and cover the pot to let everything simmer until the lentils are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Once the lentils and vegetables are very tender, stir in the chopped kale and cook until wilted, just a few minutes. Season with additional salt to taste, serve warm, and enjoy!