Home Mindful Recipes
Feel better in your body with these easy recipes
PROTEIN-PACKED CHICKEN QUINOA BOWL
Green, Lean and Healthy! This is guaranteed to satisfy all taste buds. Finely picked ingredients, such as quinoa that will give you the right amount of proteins and fibers, along with a whole-grain and gluten-free dish packed with all the good stuff your body needs throughout this holy month.This meal is worth sharing with one extra person.
Share the recipe
- 1 cup (= 200g) Earth Goods Organic Quinoa, cooked
- 1 tbsp. Earth Goods Organic High Oleic Sunflower Oil (plus extra for serving)
- Earth Goods Fine Sea Salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 450g chicken tenders (or skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips or cubes)
- Juice of one lime
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds (plus extra for serving)
- 1 tsp. coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp. cashews, crushed
- ½ cup coriander leaves, chopped
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- In the meantime, mix the cooked quinoa with the coriander, parsley, and scallions in a bowl. Toss and serve in a plate, place the chicken on top and sprinkle some sesame seeds with a drizzle of oil before serving. Enjoy!
- Grind the spices (cumin, fennel, sesame, coriander seeds, and cashew nuts) in a grinder or mortar & pestle.
- In a bowl, mix lime juice, minced garlic, spice mix, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken, in a large salad bowl. Rub the marinade over the chicken and let sit for 15-20 minutes, in the meantime soak skewers in water for 10 minutes.
- Drain chicken from the marinade and feed them onto skewers; you can either grill them or cook them in the over until golden and cooked through (about 15 minutes). TIP: To add some moisture, keep the marinade for basting at the very end and let it cook for 2-5 minutes longer while making sure you don’t burn the spices; you just want them slightly caramelized.