Home Mindful Recipes
Feel better in your body with these easy recipes
HALF-MOON FRUIT DESSERT APPETIZER
A good-for-you sweet vegan Ramadan cheesecake, end the feast with something healthy and sweet! This is by far the sweetest, healthiest ending to any Ramadan meal. Made with ingredients such as oats and flaxseeds that are rich in fiber, antioxidants, nutrients, and vitamins; it’s just what’s good for you with just a tad of freshness along with a healthy and vegan sweetness to please all ages!Everyone gets a slice of deliciousness!
Share the recipe
- 1 cup Earth Goods Organic Oat Flakes (or Gluten-free)
- 2 tbsp. Earth Goods Organic Brown Flaxseed
- 1 tbsp. Earth Goods Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 3-4 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup almond meal (or crushed almonds)
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 1/3 cup Earth Goods Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- ½ cup Earth Goods Organic Blue Agave Syrup
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- 2 ½ cups raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 6 tbsp. water (you may want a little more if it is too thick)
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract Toppings
- 1 cup fresh strawberries and blueberries (or other berries)
- Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until combined. You may have some rough pieces of almonds; if you want it less rustic, then blend until crumbly and slightly sticky. Note: If it’s too wet, add more almond meal. If too dry, add more dates.
- Press the mixture into a 9" tart pan all around to flatten and spread the base. Then form the edges: pinch the crust using your thumb and index finger, press the crust into the edge of the tart pan until completely shaped all around.
- Once the cashews have soaked, discard the soaking water, give them a quick rinse and add the them into a high-speed blender
- Add the coconut oil, lemon juice, agave syrup, vanilla, and water. If the mixture is too thick, add a little more water, one tsp. at a time. It should be quite a thick mixture, so don’t add too much.
- Once blended, pour the cashew mixture over the crust and freeze overnight, or until solid.
- When ready to serve, allow the tart to thaw for 15 minutes, then top with freshly sliced strawberries and the blueberries. Enjoy!